1. Enrolment at The Cathedral School is open to students from Pre-Prep to Year 12.
2. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion or disability, but seeks to provide the best educational environment for each child.
3. The school adheres to State Government legislation governing age of entry to school.
4. Students coming from educational systems outside of Queensland will be assessed and placed according to their academic and social needs.
5. The school has set its maximum capacity at:
- 3 classes in Pre-Prep
- 3 classes in Prep - Year 7
- 5 classes in Year 8 - Year 12
- 77 boy boarders
- 82 girl boarders
6. Each class group will have an optimum enrolment of 25 students, but in exceptional circumstances only, may go one or two beyond this number.
1. The school will accept any student for enrolment, provided that:
- educational offerings are deemed appropriate for the child
- pastoral care programs are deemed sufficient for the child's needs
- family has capacity to meet the financial commitment
- a balanced student mix is maintained within the community
2. The school will accept children with special learning needs, provided that:
- the school is able to provide appropriate learning support
- the school will not incur additional cost in providing specialist staff for that child
- the special needs student will not have a detrimental effect on the learning of other students in the cohort
(Such decisions will be made by the appropriate Head of School, after consultation with parents, previous education providers and learning support staff.)
3. The school will accept overseas students, provided that:
- the student has studied English language for at least three years, or completed intensive English language preparation
- no more than 10% of any cohort is from overseas
- students come from a variety of different nationalities
- satisfactory living arrangements are in place prior to the student's arrival.
Application process consists of 4 stages:
- parent submits application form, supporting documentation and Registration Fee
- child and parent attend interview in the year prior to commencement
- school sends a letter of offer
- parent accepts place and pays Confirmation Fee
Once accepted, the student has a place at The Cathedral School until the completion of Year 12, unless the enrolment is terminated earlier.
Order of Acceptance
- Places are offered following interview, and are allocated upon receipt of the Enrolment Confirmation Fee. Where possible, this should be completed at least six months prior to entry to the school.
- When a year level is approaching capacity, applicants will be advised to confirm their enrolment in order to secure their place.
- When a year level is full, further applicants will be processed and offered a place on the waiting list. Their place on the waiting list will be secured upon payment of the Confirmation Fee.
- From the waiting list, places will be filled in order of confirmation, but preference may be given to current Cathedral School families and children of full-time staff.
Conditions of Enrolment
In accepting a place at The Cathedral School, the student and the parents (or guardians) agree to be bound by and to comply with all Rules and Policies of the School.
Termination of Enrolment
A student's enrolment may be terminated by:
- a letter from the parents giving one term's notice of withdrawal
- a letter from the Principal requesting the student's withdrawal from the school
A fee penalty will be applied for withdrawal of enrolment without the required notice.