To register for the The Cathedral School Early Learning Centre waitlist, families need to register for the My Family Lounge service. Once you have registered for the service, it will lead you through the waitlist creation process.
Once your registration has been received you will receive an email from the Early Learning Centre confirming your details. To secure your child's placement on the waitlist you will be required to arrange payment of the Registration Fee of $25, within 14 days of receiving the confirmation email. Once payment has been received your child's name will be placed on the waitlist, and the centre will make contact when a position becomes available.
The position of your child on the waitlist is linked to these factors:
- The child's date of birth
- The date the application is received
- The family's connection with The Cathedral School (siblings or family members at the school)
- The Australian Government Priority of Access Guidelines (see www.facsia.gov.au for details)
When there is the likelihood of a position becoming available for your child, you will receive an offer through the My Family Lounge service. Once that offer has been accepted we will contact you to:
- complete a detailed Enrolment Form and pay the confirmation fee
- attend an interview with the Nominated Supervisor- this will provide important information regarding policies, programs and daily routines and give you an opportunity to ask questions, tour the Centre and clarify areas of interest
- provide the child's original birth certificate, immunisation records (to be sighted by the Nominated Supervisor) and copies of any Court Orders, Parents Orders or Parenting Plans relating to the child
Most placements will commence from January, but there are sometimes vacancies during the year which may be filled from the waitlist. Places offered in the ELC will be for specific days, and are not transferable.
Please note: Enrolment in the Early Learning Centre does not guarantee your child a place at The Cathedral School – a separate application is required.
If you want your child to attend The Cathedral School from Prep onwards, please contact the School Registrar, as soon as possible for an Application Form. It is never too early to apply!
The Cathedral School is committed to respecting your right to privacy and protecting your personal information. The Standard Collection Notice sets out how your personal information will be collected, managed and protected when you apply for enrolment at The Cathedral School. For further information please refer to the school’s Our Policies.