The mission of The Cathedral School is to be a caring, Christian community in which children are challenged and inspired to explore, learn and grow so they will be equipped to make wise decisions as informed members of society.
• To be a centre for academic excellence.
• To encourage an understanding that the spiritual and moral aspects of life are central to our humanity.
• To affirm the unique worth of the individual.
• To inspire our students through creative, purposeful, enjoyable learning to reach their full potential.
• To develop attitudes which are anticipatory, visionary and reflective.
• To educate our students to be discerning, sensitive and responsible.
An Anglican School is a Christian school, with a commitment to Christian values and beliefs. It is characterised by:
• Tolerance and respect for difference
• A high respect for intellectual endeavour
• Contributions to the wider cultural life
• Tradition and dignity within school life
• Respect for tradition of worship
• A sense of social responsibility and social justice
Christian Education classes and weekly Chapel services are part of the total school experience for every student.